One Simple Rule To Get The Most Out Of Your Marketing Dollars

There is an old saying that goes like this:  “20% of your customers give you 80% of your profit.  The remaining 80% give you the headaches.”  

 The same principle applies to your marketing budget.  You should devote about 80% of your marketing budget to your control piece, and the remaining 20% on testing new things.  The “control” piece is the promotion which is currently working the best for you and that you test against regularly to see if something else pulls better.

 When you find something that outpulls your old control, make it your new control, and devote 80% of your budget to that new one.  But always keep testing against your control with the other 20% of your marketing budget.

 This applies whether we are talking about your advertising, your email marketing, or your direct mail pieces.

 I always say that in real estate it’s all about Location, Location and Location.  In marketing it’s Testing, Testing and Testing some more against your control piece.

To read more great marketing tips, you can download a FREE copy of Ken’s “121 Tips Techniques and Ideas To Explode Your Marketing Campaign Results”.  Just give Ken’s FREE e-newsletter a try and you’ll be given immediate access to download the 121 Tips e-book.  Here is the link to these free resources: www.kenvarga.com/nj.html

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: